Saturday, July 23, 2011

Summer Vacation


Recently I have been lucky enough to reconnect with my best childhood friend.   It has been wonderful to spend time with someone who knew me as I was becoming who I am.    This is the card I made for her birthday.    Mo's image was perfect as we laugh about how we simply went to each others door and called the person to come out.   Our children think we were nuts.   I remember one summer spent on these silly metal skates.    We spent so much time on them I felt like I was skating in my sleep!   

Unfortunately I cannot remember the brand of paper I used here, it has a very retro design on it.   The image is colored with Copic markers and I made the flowers using my Cricut.   Buttons and floss complete the card.  Thanks for looking.

Image can be found here -http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/products/Come-Out-and-Play.html

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I can remember when all the kids in the neighborhood spent the entire summer out of doors, and we didn't come in until after dark when our mother's called us! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable... beautifully colored as well. Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's this week. Hope to see you again next week as well.

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute and delightful. love the pretty background and the pretty colors you used. lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a happy card! I’m so glad you could play with us this week at Mo’s!
    Hugs,
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great birthday card. This paper is perfect for her. Thanks for joining us at MO's..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love getting mail so your comments are appreciated.