Sunday, June 12, 2011

Spring Harvest


Here's my entry for Mo's Challenge this week.   Here are the parameters:
"A Recipe for Friendship"

Take two people with common interests,
Mix together with love and understanding,
Stir in a sense of humor and a lot of compassion,
Bake for a lifetime...
and enjoy the fruits of your labor knowing that you both have made a remarkable concoction that will last forever!
Create a card or project with one element in this recipe. It could be an image with 2 people, an image that portrays love or a sense of humor. You could even create a card with a recipe included or something that has to do with cooking.  
Soooo, I used the image Harvest Dancers - a very challenging image to color.   I purchased it to use as wall art and intend to size it to 8 1/2 x 11 for that project so it will be easier to color, this one at approx 3 1/2" square was difficult.     I think it fits the challenge as obviously these guys have known each other long enough to celebrate their harvest.   And while we generally view the harvest as coming in autumn there are harvests throughout the growing season and I thought it would be a good opportunity to tie it to the Webster's Pages Spring Market line.    After all, all good things in any recipe originate at the hands of a farmer and if you're lucky you can get your fresh ingredients at a farmers market.   Anyway, no details to provide - image was colored with Copic markers, I have no idea which ones as I was concentrating on staying within the lines!   Thank you for looking -
                                               

2 comments:

  1. I agree...this is a difficult image to color! Wonderful paper and embellishments! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cheryl...you should win a prize for just coloring this challenging image! I love it though...you did a beautiful job. I'm wondering how I've missed this image...and it's perfect for this week's challenge theme! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's! Hugs.
    Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love getting mail so your comments are appreciated.